Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day Two

December 5th was pretty okay for me. I was asleep all of the morning and most of the afternoon. When I finally decided to get out of bed, I went straight to the kitchen. My grandma was watching tv in the living room, but I never pay attention to it. I've been trying my best not to watch tv and for the most part I have been doing a good job. It was time to get ready for work. I would usually turn on my iPod and continue what I was doing, but I couldn't do that this time. It was just too quiet so I broke the rules a little bit just this once. It was time to go to work, so I grab my purse (and of course my phone), and I get in the car. Mentioning my phone, I have not been replying to the texts people have sent me, but I do admit I was talking on the phone for about two hours with my friend from California. Back to the story, I'm on my way to work and I am really tempted to turn on the radio. I realize that I have a lot more thoughts than usual and it is because I am surrounded by silence. I get to work and the music is playing extra loud. Luckily work is the exception where I can listen to music. It's a good thing that this exception was made because music gets me in a good mood. After work, I get to the car and again I do not turn on the radio since I had been listening to music all day at work. The quietness does feel weird to me. Once arriving home, I walk into my room and my sister is watching tv and my brother is playing video games. It's the only form of entertainment for them. I guess the only way not to be bored at home is to grab some electronic device and see where it leads you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment