Sunday, December 6, 2009

DAY TWO.

I am running out of things to do to keep me away from media devices. the past two days were easy because I was on a little hunting excursion. I fell asleep in the blind and my Cunado, as he calls me, slaps my knee screaming (in a whisper)  "BUCK! BUCK!" I pick up my rifle and take aim. The only things is, is that one of his buddies is along for the hunt and he wants to shoot this deer too; there was no way in hell I was gonna let him take down the deer that I had been scouting for a month. I had caught images of this dude on my trail camera and walked up on him feeding, (but didn't have my gun)so there was no way I was gonna let this guy get a shot off before me. Well, he throws up his rifle and starts counting so I'm like F%#K!!!! I just squeezed the trigger in a panic and missed the deer. He runs off behind some brush and ol' boy takes two shots--thankfully missing both times. After that B.S. hunt we went back to camp to have what should have been "Celebratory beers," but they were only "What the hell went wrong beers." After a few, I packed my bags, grabbed my dog, and headed back to San Antonio.

When I got back home I headed straight to the couch to take a nap. Normally I would turn on the tv, but I am trying really hard to avoid any form of media device. When I woke up I started to clean my apartment because my girlfriend had warned me to do so. There were some pretty foul smells coming from the kitchen due to dishes being left in the sink for a few days (yeah, they were mine). When I finished the dishes I thought to myself, "I sure would like to watch some tv and just kick it on the couch!" I did not do it however. Instead I went to the other room where all of my guitars and amps are and plugged in to my Marshall and jammed out for awhile. I got a different mood and switched from the Marshall to my Fender Blues Junior. The junior produces more blusey tones and is great for playing slide guitar and for getting some very Zeppelin type sounds.

I have no idea what I am going to do today, because I usually just hang out on the couch and watch football on sundays. I hope I can avoid the temptation of the tube!

No comments:

Post a Comment