Sunday, December 6, 2009

DAY 2

Good Afternoon,

Well day two of the media deprivation project was a lot harder then day one. I woke up thinking day one was not that hard I could do this, but then I realized oh my god it is the big twelve championship game between the Texas longhorns and the Nebraska cornhuskers. I was so bummed out that I was going to miss it, but then luckily my boyfriend told me a couple of friends invited us to go see the game. Right a way I said “yes!” I was so excited I was going to see the game. Not to mention the Texas longhorns won. It was a very good game.

Throughout the project so far my cell phone has not played a big part. Before I felt like I always needed to be on my cell phone texting, surfing the web, and getting MySpace. I am going to admit that I have texted here and there just because I was bored. I do feel that within this couple of days I have learned to not rely on my cell phone as much I use too. My boyfriend Jesse loves the whole idea of the media deprivation project because he says I am on my phone too much.

The biggest problem I have had with this project is not being able to watch TV only because I am a big sports person. I love watching college football on Saturday’s and NFL on Sunday’s. I guess that is why the first day was the easiest. Just knowing that there are ways to get around the guidelines is the only thing saving me.

I never realized that media played such an important role in my life. When professor Lopez first mentioned this project in the beginning I was not to concerned because I knew I could do it, but now that it has finally come down to it I would totally change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment