Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 2

O.k. so they're consecutive. I explained my situation, don't yell at me! Any who, day 2. A whole lot better till the UT, Nebraska game. I spent the entire day (from the time I got up, till the time I went to bed) at work! It was two shifts, and other than the fact that I was crazy tired, I wasn't bored at all. I didn't feel the need to listen to music, (as much as day 1 anyway) and was able to focus on doing things like eating a good, healthy meal because I had the time to do it. Normally a some fast fixings and a few TV shows is how I normally spent my nights before bed. Making myself stay constantly busy like this has totally helped me maintain not cheating on my media diet. It also helps when there are not any "media rich" family members around. At my families house, there are about three or four different types of media going on at all times. This project would have really ticked them off. I was still at work when the game was on. This KILLED me that I couldn't watch it, but I don't blame the project. I was stuck on a check stand! I did however, see the most amazing win ever witnessed! Yes, I was off the register when that masterpiece happened, and totally engulfed myself with media. I watched the TV, then texted a friend, then ran around my job pronouncing what happened (that last one doesn't count as cheating though).
One thing I've noticed is that people really tend to try to make you mess up when participating in a project like this. My boyfriend will text me at the most random times, saying the dumbest stuff, trying to get me mad enough to text him back, just so he can rub in my face that he made me text him. It's been hard, but I've resisted me urge and since I did such a great job with day 2, day 3 should be a breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment