Saturday, December 5, 2009

day 1: to tweet or not to tweet?

Well, today was the big day...My first day without twitter since I joined the fascinating world of tweets...And I have to say, it was tough. Not that it wasn't hard to stop myself from flipping the tv on or playing a movie, or listening to the radio or my favorite holiday cd; and believe me, it was a huge struggle not to log onto facebook, but the simple fact that I couldn't update about what was going on drove me insane.

As soon as I woke up this morning, I posted my last tweet, which updated the other networking profiles I have, and informed the general public about my technological absence for the next seventy-two hours, i also shut off all of the twitter mobile alerts. not having my phone go off every five seconds was surprisingly lonely, ironic in the sense that it was annoying when i first began receiving them, and holding myself back from replying to the numerous texts was rough. i have realized that the largest media influences in my life are: music, texting and twitter (and those networking sites aren't too far behind them).

We'll see how the following days turn out, hopefully it will get easier...well, I can dream right?

I think I'm learning a valuable lesson here though: I can survive without having my phone attached to me, or without tweeting or receiving tweets, or checking facebook every chance I get.

But, just for the record melanie, the withdrawals have already begun...and they're intense.

1 comment:

  1. lol all I had to do was read the title of this blog and I knew who it was. Its gonna be okay Ashley. Twitter will still be there on Monday, I promise.
    -Melanie

    ReplyDelete