Saturday, December 5, 2009

DAY 1

Well foreword to Prof. Lopez, I'm sorry I'm posting this so late, my Saturday has been filled with class and work, so this was the earliest I could post this.
Day one of the media deprivation was admittedly harder than expected. I realized that without the Internet, a phone, or a computer, I would not even be able to do my job. I spend most of my work day on company websites or on the phone with HQ, and without any of the technological "luxuries" of today my job would simply be impossible to do. Thanks for the loop-holes!
Even the second half of my day was consumed with the necessity of media. In babysitting my cousins, I realized there's no better way to calm a 5 and 6 year old boy down than putting on a kid's flick. I did give it an effort and broke out the old Monopoly board, which surprisingly went over very well
More than that, throughout the day I was constantly using my e-mail on my cell phone to coordinate with my project partner for our Saturday presentation.
All in all I realized the complete necessity media mediums in my day to day life. I can say that I avoided Facebook for a full day and so far I've not, though it is mighty tempting. I have to admit that I completely forgot about the no music part of the trial. Music is such a big part of my day to day that it's extremely hard to remember to exclude it. Driving in the car in silence is not quite unbearable, but extremely hard to remember since music is such a ritual part of what I do. I'll definitely have to give it a more dedicated effort in the days to come.
Well, until tomorrow, Adios
~Chris O.

1 comment: