Saturday, December 5, 2009

DAY ONE

First off I was so excited for this little experiment that I couldn't even sleep, like a kid at Christmas. I woke up at six thirty in the morning. I got dressed, put a load of clothes in the laundry, and this was the beginning of my day. I wondered how cold it was outside, normally I would just pull out my phone and check but seeing as that I am committed to this project I didn’t. So I then walked to the near by gas station and purchased a newspaper. The front page was the weather forecast for the day. This would give me a good idea of what the weather temperature would be today and it was going to be a cold one. I returned home and did more laundry. I had a few errands to run so I did them. I had to drive to get my vehicle registration tag, driving in complete silence, I found me talking to myself and singing in the car to no music. I got home and my father was watching the Price Is Right at the table. I love that show so I watch a little of that as I ate breakfast with him. As soon as he left I turned it off so I didn’t break the rules. I also unplugged the TV and stereo in my room so I won’t be tempted by my casual habits of picking up the remote and trying to turn stuff on. I still did try couple of time during the day out of habit. I cleaned my room and did about a months worth of clothes in laundry. I had to go to work at five so I left early because today was payday and I wanted to stop at the bank first. Also I wanted to buy a nice pea coat and this weather infliction has made it the perfect time for such a purchase. I went to work and had to listen to repetitive Christmas songs, seriously how many times does the same song have to be remade? I worked till 11:30 and again on the way home complete silence, until I thought that I was going to fall asleep! Then I had to sing to keep myself awake. I got home and instead of turning on the TV like my routine permits me to do, I just went to sleep, getting ready for day two. Twenty-four hours down forty-eight to go.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, please tell me you were kidding about the "months worth of clothes in laundry"??? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete