Saturday, December 5, 2009

day 2: the day the music died

Talk about tossing and turning, last night was insanely tough; the silence was piercing. I have become so accustomed to the routine pattern and cycle of the wonderful mix of absolutely perfect songs to fall asleep to, and trying to sleep in complete quietness with only the creaks of the house to break the silence, was more challenging than anything else I've combated during the short course of this project.
Despite my lack of sleep, I began my morning by stopping by the mall to get some prices adjusted, for the items I had purchased the night before after getting off of work. I then headed off to drama rehearsal at ten in the morning, to teach the blocking of a few scenes to my middle school cast. Rehearsal lasted until two-thirty, and I was out of there and on my way to work. I clocked in at three, and began the long evening filled with rude customers and inconsiderate shoppers that make my life more difficult. It was one of the most difficult days at work for some reason, and I felt completely drained.
Keeping busy seems to help distract me from my loss of contact from the outside world. I must also give credit to the mix of christmas music they play at work, and although I firmly believe that they chose the worst holiday songs ever made, they are the only kind of music I am permitted to listen to, and for some odd reason, they helped my sanity tremendously.
Lets hope tonight goes well, and I get enough rest to finish out this busy weekend. Sunday shouldn't be too hard, going from church service to meeting after meeting after meeting, and rehearsal in the evening, I should be able to get along well with out too much of a struggle.
Well, stay strong my friends, there's only one more day left.

No comments:

Post a Comment