Saturday, December 5, 2009

DAY1

Good Afternoon,
Day one of the media deprivation project was much harder then I expected. I woke up Friday morning remembering that the project started and I could no longer listen to music, get on my MySpace, or text message just to text message. I told myself “How am I going to survive!" I got dressed to pure silence because in the morning I usually listen to music to start my day. I was finished getting dressed and it just was not the typical morning for me. I got into my car, the silence was killing me, and the traffic was stressing me out. I hate traffic in the morning, so I guess I experienced road rage. It was very not like me, because I am usually a very calm driver, but not this morning. Driving to work yesterday morning was the worse.

I got to work around 8:30 in the morning; as soon as I arrived at work I was okay. I work at a daycare so I knew that I was not going to be able to follow the guidelines. The kids right away asked “Teacher Ashley can we watch TV?" I could not tell them NO. So we ended up watching TV. I was so relieved in a way, I mean it was not what I usually watch, but it was something. Yesterday was the way I was going to get around the guidelines, considering I am not yet of age to get into a bar to watch games. The rest of the weekend I am going to be suffering.

Hopefully, I will go out and some sort of media. The first day of this project made me realize how much I depend on media in everyday life. The second day is going to be much harder, because it is going to be the weekend. I hope I can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment