Monday, December 7, 2009

Sweet Media Freedom!

well, last night my family did put up the Christmas tree and we did have music on. Its hard to go against tradition when you have young children. Luckily, I had two papers to complete and it took up the remainder of my night.
I have to admit the feeling of giddiness hit me early this morning because I realized I wouldn't have to restrict myself from sorts of media any longer. That meant I would be able to listen to music and watch TV and search the internet. It almost compares to a kids being able to spend a large sum of money in a candy store in my deprived state of mind. The only draw back would be that my school classes would delay two of the fun choices. I found myself thinking back over the last 72 hours of this project and the shocking truth that was revealed to my inner self. This project made me realize that I an indeed reliant on modern technology and the progress of media. Its hard to swallow the fact that I have tendencies I associated with people I considered to have introvert habits. Many of the social networks have the allure of allowing me to socialize when my schedule allows for it. I can go out to dinner and still catch up with friends all over the globe within the same night. I realize now the thought of resistance to a convenient media seems unrealistic in my own opinion for my life. Communicating with others in class made me feel better that I was not the only one feeling different levels of anxiety or relapse during the 72 hour period. We all seemed to agree that taking away media would make a very interesting reality show. Although that reality show would be the one show I'd never think twice for auditioning for!

No comments:

Post a Comment