Monday, December 7, 2009

DAY 3!!!!! At Last!!!

So I lied. Day 3 was super hard, probably because I didn't spend the whole day shopping or working. I did work, just not that much. First I went to the library to do the blogs (without listening to music I might add) then went straight to work. I would also like to point out that I am listening to music right now just because I can!! Ha! I made it through! Yeah, I put down on that paper that I might try depriving myself of media again if the time required it, but thinking back on this weekend, I don't think I'll put myself through that again. It's torture, with a capital "T". Sadly enough though, my Internet is still down so I will have to suffer a bit longer, at least until I move. I think it's a good thing I'm not all madly into gaming like some pointed out. Games seemed to be the most addicting forms of mass media and also seemed to be the hardest to live without for those who were so attached. I know that if I ever told my boyfriend or brother to try and do this project they would die without the games. While I find that having media back in my life is pretty filling, I also realize that I was able to accomplish more than I normally would have this weekend, simply because I didn't have the urge to turn on the telly or surf the web. I was able to actually get a good night's rest and found time to look over exam materials. It also gave me a chance to assess a few things that were up and coming, like moving at the end of this month. So I do believe that in some situations, reducing the amount of time we take consuming our lives with things that get us nowhere is a definite necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment